Saturday, October 4, 2008

The latest

Well my stomach pain episodes continued, we went up for chemo on Wedesday but more so to figure this out. I couldn't eat anything without pain, so was avoiding eating, doesnt take long to figure out the hot stove top burns when you touch it, so just quit touching the hot stove top.

I had lost 5 pounds when I got to chicago, Dr felt either I ran out of sandostatin the shot, since i was 12 days overdue for chemo or i needed endoscopy. gave me shots to take 3 times a day to catch up, a prilosec type pill, muscle relaxer, blood counts were great, so they gave me chemo. the next morning, i had the worst stomach pain episode ever after having a yogurt, pain was horrible, hip to hip, up to ribs into chest, into back horrible pain, lasted hour and a half. Of coarse this happened just as we were getting ready to leave the hotel, so called the Dr, gave me liquid moriphine. Finally thursday night Gastro doc called, friday morning he did endoscopy, gave me stronger muscle relaxer, stronger pepcid type med, found inflammation in my stomach and esophogas, took biopsys. Just at wits end, left there ate, had anothr bad attack, came home with 8 new presecriptions.. told maybe it could be from using miralax too much, cut back on miralax, sorry to be so bold but so now no poop, not a good thing since they want poop every day. Good news is, no pain episodes today, so now to figure it all out, and pray and hope no more pain episodes and poop to come. like end stage of labor pain with childbirth but lasting hour and a half. not fun at all. need prayers to get past this, still afraid to eat but know i have to , hoping and praying whatever it was is done, shots in belly 3 times daily for next two weeks not fun, but can deal with it if it works.. sarah is finally home from honeymoon, was so worried we were going to have to call her home, afriad we were looking t the end. glad shes home, couldnt worry her while she was honeymooning. please pray for no more pain episodes. They hurt so bad. Got thru day 3 of chemo pills finally today, was tough not being able to have a cracker in between all the pills, but made it thru, cancer just plain sucks, i pray this gets better. thanks for your prayers, thanks to norm for not wringing my neck when i was beside myself ugly to him from so much pain and fear

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Tami, I can't get down on my knees to pray - could never get up....but I will pray to beat the band for no pain....(and big poops) while I am on my walks. I've been thinking about pain and fear, tis a deadly mix. Don't know which is worse....maybe fear, as it can grow to last the entire 24 hours, and never seems to diminish on its own.

I'm sending love and hugs from cool-brisk Maine

from Rosemary

Anonymous said...

Tami I'll be praying for you. I am happy that your counts were good and hopefully the adjusted meds is the answer to the pain. Inflammation can cause such severe pain. Cancer caused my mother very little pain but in the beginning, inflammation did before they got all her meds adjusted. Those powerful pain killers will also slow the poop process way down. What I'm trying to say is, the cancer may not be causing these symptoms...keep that hope strong.

I know Norm understands what the pain does to you and knows you don't mean it. Please tell him that we really appreciate him keeping us updated when you aren't up to it.

It's finally feeling like fall here a little so today I'm burning my cancer kickin candle and sending healing vibes and prayer your way...Brenda

Anonymous said...

I, too, have been burning my wonderful cancer kickin' candle today and sending many prayers your way- no pain and good poops for my beautiful friend,Tami.

Love to Tami and Norm

Jackie

Anonymous said...

You (and even your poop) are in my thoughts. Hang in there!

Wishing you the best.

-- the lounge queen

Anonymous said...

Tami: I hope the sun rose on a better day today. I hope that the pain has subsided and that you get some good results from the end down south. thanks Norm for keeping us updated. lots of thoughts and prayers coming your way. Barb

Anonymous said...

Tami -

Don't worry about the poop ... after all, shit happens!

Hope that made you smile - sending prayers and no pain wishes your way!

The blood counts are up - that is good - keep your spirits up and try to relax.

Take care,
Nanc

Anonymous said...

Tami,
I pray for you everyday. don't worry about the poop we all have a problem with pooping.Hang in there

Love Ya
Deb