Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Tami is in the Hospital

Hey Everyone,

It's Kristi here...for those of you who don't know yet, I am Tami's daughter-in-law, and she is one of if not the best friend that I have. She is responsible for the sensitive, affectionate man that I love, and she is a constant source for wisdom and love...

I am blogging tonight because Tami asked me to. She really uses her blog and the comments on it as a source of strength, and God knows we could use some strength and peace right now.

I got a call this afternoon from Norm, telling me that he was driving Tami up to Northwestern tonight, as we have not had a trace of poop since Monday and Tami has dealt with crippling pain as a result. So, they decided if they had to pick a hospital, her oncologist's home hospital was the best choice.

Well, here it is a bit after 11, and Norm just called me and Tami asked me to update all of her prayer warriors on here so we could unite together in prayer. After a CT scan, the doctors have discovered what they are referring to as a "partial blockage," and it is unknown what the next plan of action will be. I will be waiting up for the next few hours, as Norm will call me back after they meet with the surgeons who specialize in treatment of this condition. I promise to update you as soon as I hear anything.

Until then, may you all know the grace and mercy of God's unfailing love. May you rest in the shadow of his comfort, and rejoice in the thrill of his presence. Give your loved ones hugs and kisses, and hold those you love as close to you as possible, for every day is a precious gift.

I will leave you with the words I love to live by, as I have found strength and peace in them...

God is good...ALL the time!

Peace.
Kristi

8 comments:

Brandie said...

Tami,

So sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well. And I want you to know that although I don't comment regularly...you are CONSTANTLY in my prayers and on my mind!!!!
Much love...
Brandie

Anonymous said...

please let Tami know that she is in our thoughts and prayers and if there is anything we can do please let us know. she is a strong lady and she will get through this little bump in the road. Barb

Anonymous said...

Well I hate that she isn't feeling better but I'm glad they are doing something for her finally. I'm praying that it's scar tissue and they can fix it easily and that the pain will be minimal. As always she is in my thoughts and prayers...Brenda

Anonymous said...

Meant to add...thanks for the update Kristi. I'm praying for DIL's just like you...Brenda

Anonymous said...

We need an update .... how is Tami?? Prayers are headed her way .. please let the doctors find something they can fix to give Tami relief!

a worried Nanc

Anonymous said...

oh my, thank you for the update Kristi. I'm appreciative and grateful that you will be letting us know what is happening. Please send my kisses, hugs, hand-holding and prayers on to Tami. I'm glad she is where they can do something for her now. And - also a hug from me...for Norm.

Rosemary

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Tell Tami we're wishing her all the best.

-- the lounge queen

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear that Tami is in the hospital..... I pray that the poop thing can be fixed and she is able to go home...I wish she didn't have cancer...I have known Tami for over 20 years and after loosing my husband this past August The slefish part of me couldn't stand to loose another loved one....I have faith that God will keep her with us for a long time..


Love Your Long Time Friend.
Debora