Wednesday, October 15, 2008

When the professionals aren't very professional

I guess this is one of my biggest pet peeves. After realizing I needed something else besides miralax. I called my gastro office. The nurse called back several hours later and said well take citracel, I said I can't do the fiber approach, she said well then it's a crap shoot haha... I said nothing, I wanted to say, after you leave the office today make sure you go home and have a huge wonderful meal, follow it with a nice dessert and then snack the rest of the night, and do it all for me since I can't eat because I don't know what will happen anymore that it is taking all of my energy trying to figure this out so I can eat enough to survive.... something small but it bugged me, along with every tv show, commercial, saying, etc that jokes about cutting cancer out, things growing like a cancer, and the list goes on and on and on. I guess this nurse thought this was a joking matter, well it's not, it's serious, and I am scared, scared enough to rather not eat than chance a pain episode, and well we all know that can't happen. It pisses me off that I have fought this disease that the statistics say I should have died months ago, to be at the point that they can't even help me find a way to go to the bathroom without making jokes and offering no suggestions, too bad it's very real for me, but it makes me wonder what this world has come to?

Ok I have ranted enough, now time to try to chill out and let go and let God again.
Look for a link to more details on the benefit for me coming really soon. Thank you to all who are using your time, planning this all out for me. It touches my heart in a very deep way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Relax. I mean it. You're stressing yourself out about things that you have no control over (like stupid ads, insensitive nurses) and stress is hurting you. I mean it's good to complain about it, it gets it out of your system (hopefully), but an even better way would be to succumb to an attitude of "sticks and stones" -- words can't hurt you unless you let them hurt you.

I was just wondering -- if you are not eating too much, there may not be enough poop for your body to go daily. Have you tried just giving up miralax and going with something gentler, like prune juice or docusate or a combination?

Wishing you a calm mind, no pain and lotsa poop!

-- the lounge queen