Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Happy Anniversary Norm

Today is our 13th wedding anniversary. It seems like I have been with Norm for a life time and yet our time seems so short. He certainly has taught me alot about life and I am glad he is my soul mate. I hate putting him thru this but can't imagine going thru this without him. I am thankful this man came 2400 miles to be with me! God must have known I was going to need alot of angels in my life, and I am sure he sent me Norm as one of them.

Today I haven't had any pain episodes. I started off this morning with enough gurgling to burp up the house full of air, then everything got real quiet and stayed that way until dinner time. It felt weird, my stomach was quiet, almost scary weird but I decided to let go and let god, and just go with it. I am again gurgling, but most importantly no pain episode! I think we are going to try to get in with the gastro dr in chicago that did the endoscope on me a few weeks ago when we go up for chemo next week. Maybe he can put a better light on what is going on. Today I have decided to let God do the driving for a while. He knows better than I do what will help me, and so I have placed this all into God's hands and asked him to help me however he sees fit. I just have to keep reminding myself, I am safe with God, and can kick back while he shows me what needs to be done and what I can let go of, as I like to say, I am trying not to sweat the small stuff. I almost feel a sense of calm, and that is what I need most.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary, Tami & Norm!

:)
Kuri

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Tami and Norm> you are one of the cutest couples that I know. yes I agree Tami, Norm is definately an angel that God sent you. Barb

Anonymous said...

I am glad to see you at peace -- very good for you. Any kind of stress and anxiety affects your digestive system, so if you want it to let heal, avoiding stress is crucial. Any form of meditation, breathing and focusing on feeling better will help your body deal better.

Congratulations on your anniversary! Here is for many more.

-- the lounge queen