Monday, December 22, 2008

update

Wow, it has been a week since I posted. This last week has been filled with so much pain, a dr visit and has left me just not knowing which way to turn. We have decided on folfori for chemo, we actually got to make our own choice. BUT, I have also decided that if the pain isn't under control, then I am not going to do chemo, my body can't tolerate anymore, as bad as I want to fight with chemo, there is no way. The pain I am sure as I have said before is from my colon. My colon at night and in the morning especially likes to pretend like I have to "go" but there isn't anything there, so my colon muscle is clenched up tight, and I am left with horrible pain. I have figured out tht milk of magnesia will make me go in just a few hours, but then I am left with a day of constant cramping and this clenching up of my colon, not fun to say the least. I have also figured out how to get the pain to go away but am afraid of what it might do to me. If I take long acting oxycontin, stomach pill, and dilodid, the pain goes away, but what is happening is everything is going to sleep. I can't pee, and lose feeling down there. Tonite I am still struggling with trying to get my colon to wake up, so I don't have a solution. I am also running a fever tonite. I know the answer is in finding the right laxative, but am not there yet, but am trying a couple of new ones. The Dr gave me a shot that makes the brain not know it is constipated from opiod drugs, my fear is the cramping won't stop. I haven't tried the shot yet, but may soon.
I am praying that I am here for Christmas, which is also Norm's birthday. For now it really is one minute at a time. I could really use some prayers, actually my whole family could use some prayers. This is very hard on all of us. The clock is ticking but it's not looking good for chemo and we all know what that will mean. I am terrified that my body is just shutting down and we are already at the end. Sleep is good some nights, horrible on others, depending on pain. If you could spare a prayer headed our way, I would appreciate it. Go away fever vibes are also needed. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas filled with family and friends, good times, and lots of laughs and smiles. Thank you for hanging in there wth me. I can sstill be that miracle, thank you all so much

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have my prayers Tami. I am so sorry you are suffering so and haven't found the right combo of meds yet. You will be here for Christmas and I'm still praying for that miracle and that you will get a break from the pain and have a good day with your family.

Only you and Norm can make the decision about the chemo...you know what you can tolerate but I wonder if the chemo wouldn't help the pain.

I'm glad you were able to post and give us an update...as always, it's good to hear from you. I think of you so often and hope things are going well for you....Love, Brenda

Anonymous said...

Sending you tons of vibes for the fever and the pain to go away! Hope you try the shot the doc gave you, if it is what I think it is, it's supposed to work great to make the constipation caused by the opioids to go away, it's a wonder they haven't given it to you yet.

Wishing you and your family the best Christmas ever!
-- the lounge queen

Anonymous said...

You are my miracle, and strong and tuff - to boot.

Happy Birthday to Norm , so - he was one of those unlucky kids that had Christmas and Birthday presents all the same day.

Happy Christmas to all the other posters on this sweet blog.

I'm sending up prayers especially for you Tami, to get through this holiday with no pain - and am also hoping that everything will start to work the way it is supposed to.

I remember seeing the Dr. names in the clinic that say - Pain Management. I think they are devoted to just that....do you think someone like that could help?? I'm just talking thru my hat here, but has anyone said that some of your problems could be caused from the scar tissue from your surgery?? There's got to be an answer and a solution....just has to be!

love and hugs from Rosemary

Anonymous said...

Sending prayers and extra hugs of strength to you. Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Tami: my prayers are with you and the family that you have a good day with your family at Christmas. pain free would be nice. this Dr. sounds like she is doing a good job with you. Happy Birthday to Norm also. Barb

Anonymous said...

Tami,I wish I could be there to hold your hand. I will be praying for you and the family to have a Merry Christmas and that all pain will be gone. Happy Birthday Norm.


Love ya Deb

Anonymous said...

Tami: I'm so sorry you're in so much pain. I wish someone had the answer for this. You'll be here for Christmas. God will give you a good day. Try to enjoy your family tomorrow. I pray for you every day. Really glad to see the update. I was getting concerned. Love and Hugs from Ark... Love Patti