Monday, December 1, 2008

The Benefit

I have never been so touched in my life to see all the work of family, friends, and caring people come together to create the benefit for me. It was absolutely amazing! The donations were massive. The many,many people that came were amazing. It touches my heart the generosity of everyone. Thank you all! If you played a small part or a large part, I thank you from my heart for caring enough to help me. I am overwhelmed with the generosity of both people I know and people I don't. I can't say Thank You enough. The pain I have been having stayed at bay long enough for me to attend the benefit, I would have crawled there if I had to, to show everyone how much I appreciate the work that has been done and to see everyone.

I am in horrible pain, and it prevents me from writing as much as I would like to about how awesome the benefit was, but I wanted to Thank everyone for their help in allowing me to continue the fight. Cancer definitely isn't cheap even with insurance, the help we have been given financially will allow us to continue fighting, but more importantly, the many handprints that have been left on my heart will always be near and dear to me.
Thank you so very much.
Tami

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that the benefit went well! Wish I could have been there.

Sorry about your pain -- I hope you will feel better soon.

-- the lounge queen

Anonymous said...

Love you, my friend.

Jackie

Anonymous said...

Tami - It really felt good to see you at the benefit. So glad you were able to make it. You will always be in my prayers.

PS Thought of you while I was getting a CT Scan today. The dialysis tube that was removed in 2005 may of caused a hernia!!!! It never ends - but keeps me hoppin :)

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Tami I've been wondering how the the benefit went and am so happy to hear it went well...what a blessing!

I'm so sorry you are experiencing the pain and hope you can find a remedy for that soon. I'm praying for the right doctor for you.

Thanks for taking the time to update even though I know you are feeling so bad. It's always good to hear from you...Brenda

Anonymous said...

We were so blessed to have you at the benefit ... now to kick that pain ... wishing you well in Chicago later this week and decent weather for the trip.

Blessings!
:)
Nanc

Anonymous said...

Tami: just to let you know I was so blessed to be able to help at your benefit. then when we saw you walk in that made the whole night. sounds like you did great raising a lot of money. hope that you are having a better day today..........Barb