Wednesday, December 3, 2008

On to the next plan?

Well, this has been a tough couple of days. The pain has been almost non stop and after talking to the Dr in Chicago, we decided to go up to Peoria to St. Francis to get IV pain med, a ct. Well finally at around 7 last night, The dr came in and said they were seeing some new spots of cancer and my largest liver tumor had grown. After coming home, we realized they weren't comparing the new scan to the last scan from Chicago, but to a older scan in Bloomington. Well, we already knew there was some new spots showing from Chicago scan, but they were calling them omentum, where we think Peoria is calling them Pelvis tumors, or at least we are hoping they are refering to the same tumors. In any case the tumors have grown. They still say I don't have a bowel blockage, so perhaps the pain is from these new tumors pressing on my colon and other areas down low, resulting in pain radiating at times into my hips.

After Norm talked to Chicago today, he was told My dr there is coming up with a new plan, that may include a clinical trial, sir spheres or seomthing else. This scares me that I have ran out of traditional chemo options, but perhaps this isn't the case and My Dr is just looking for the best option. I am going to talk to them also about pain control, because even though they have me taking 3 oxycodone at a time, with my stomach being sometimes very slow to dump, comes with it, that the pain med doesn't work until the stomach dumps. The diladid they give me in the hospital works immediatly, it is given thru a iv, so I am hoping they will give me a pain pump with diladid. The pain is quite a challenge, as I said it is there almost always and prevents sleep, so I am wore out. Please pray that they can find a answer to help me with this pain and that they can come up with a plan that will again shrink this cancer into nothing. There is still hope, I just have to believe. Obviously, we are terrified, but I know God will get us thru this just as he has for the last 15 months. My patience runs thin when I am in so much pain, this is when I get the weakest in body and spirit. Any prayers are appreciated and thankfully, the benefit came at just the right time, as I could be doing a lot of traveling for treatment depending on what they come up with. I wish I had better news, but at least a plan is forthcoming.

Thank you Debbie for once again spearheading getting me seen quicker and a answer to what is going on, you are the best, and I am so glad your my sister. I couldn't possibley pull this off without you, I love you

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tami: I wish I could just take thatpain away from you, or the Dr. could get the right combanation of meds for you that would control the pain. I pray every day that there is another treatment that will shrink that cancer. prayers to you and your family....Barb