Thursday, December 11, 2008

Here I am awake again

I just can't sleep at night anymore! Pain always finds me at night, no matter how much medicine I take.

I go to the Dr in Decatur tomorrow at 2:45, then hopefully back again on friday morning for chemo in decatur. I am anxious to meet this new Dr, actually the Dr is a she, so this will be a new thing for me. I just hope she is caring. I am not sure what my grand daughter will think when she sees me with "my purse" again( the chemo 48 hour pump I am on after chemo)

I talked to Norm a llittle about not going further with chemo tonite. I should be so thrilled that I can have chemo, when so many cancer patients can not. I guess I am just depressed. It seems like it hits me every day that I have cancer and it isn't going away. You would think after 15 months, I would have accepted it by now right? But somehow it seems that I reaccept it every day, and it makes me sad and angry and lonely and scared. I guess all of this pain really has me scared, and I know chemo could take away the pain by shrinking the cancer, but I remember being chemoed all too well, I just wish I could get a small break where I feel good and can act normal. I don't even know what normal is anymore, because this isn't normal. Normal for me would be scurrying to finish candle parties, candle orders and getting excited to start decorating and shopping for the holidays. Normal isn't looking around at a less than clean house, pill bottles, ensure, medical appt's, medical receipts, books about dying gracefully around. This Isn't normal. Ok, here I am whining again, and I keep promising myself I am not going to do that anymore, no time to waste, man oh man do I wish I had some time to waste!

I am thankful I am here today through the grace of God.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tami; don't worry about the whining, just zero in on getting that pain under control. Please let us know about the new Dr. I bet she will be great. never been to a woman Dr.. but there are a lot of them out there now. what is her name. I would think that a woman Dr. could relate to you better maybe than a man. good look and lots of prayers. to leave you with this thought. " your family is so very lucky to have you, especially to show them how strong a person can be." you are a great Mom and Grandma........Barb

Anonymous said...

Keep whining, keep writing, it's good for the soul. I so hope your pain gets better...

-- the lounge queen

Anonymous said...

Tami -
Wishing you a pain free night and sweet dreams. Glad there are options and that Decatur can be your treatment destination. Whine all you want - Lord, you deserve it!
Blessings,
Nanc