Friday, December 28, 2007

The ups and downs of life

My friend Liz whom I worked with for many years passed away yesterday. I hadn't seen her in years and one day when I went into the cancer center to get unhooked from my pump, she was there. I am glad I got to talk with her again. She fought to the very end, and was very much aware when she passed away early yesterday morning. She didn't want to suffer at the end, and she didn't want to be alone when she passed, and she wasn't. You've earned your wings Liz. Liz told me a few weeks ago to be strong and to fight it, and that is what she did, she fought this bastard known as cancer for as long as she could. I will miss chatting with her, it always helped to have someone else who was going thru the same thing to talk to. I will miss her but know she is pain free, hanging out in heaven.

I spoke to the nurse from Chicago yesterday to make sure I had everything I needed for my appt. in January. I don't hold much hope for a surgery decision after talking to her, who knows maybe it is just a wasted trip to even go up there, but hopefully we will get at the least a 3rd take on my ct scans and just how much cancer is in my body. She said rarely does chemo make cancer go away, so there probably is multiple tumors on my liver as Mayo has indicated. I can only hope there isn't, that's all I have left is hope. I know with God, anything is possible. I have tried to replace fear with faith, because I know with God all things are possible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope is what keeps us all living day by day by day. My prayers, hope, and love are with you each and every day.