Thursday, December 27, 2007

We found "the" dress and a wonderful holiday plus more

Wow, it has been a exciting week! First of all, me and Sarah went yesterday and she found "the" dress. She lit up as she tried on this dress, she said it made her feel so happy. I knew even though she tried on more dresses before and after "the" dress, that she had found the perfect dress. She looks just like a princess, which is the meaning of the name Sarah. She is going to be the most beautiful bride ever!

Christmas was amazing this year, there wasn't tons of presents as in years past but everyone just enjoyed the company and it was wonderful. With all the cancer expenses and me not working, we just didn't have the money for lots of gifts. I made each of my kids a fleece knot blanket and they loved them. It wasn't much but I wanted something homemade to give to my kids that would wrap them in warmth and memories. My sweet daughter in law Kristi took on the task of making scrapbooks for each of the kids filled with pictures from when they were little. I am sure it was overwhelming for her to go thru all of the old pictures and separate them out. She did a amazing job and the kids LOVED them. Each time she brought me one of the completed scrapbooks, I cried. These are the things families are made of. Words can not express the gratitude I have for her taking her time to make the scrapbooks.

Yesterday, I heard from Mayo clinic's Oncologist, Dr. Chan. She said, the shrinkage they have seen from my tumors is amazing. She used the word amazing! She said things are changing so rapidly in colon cancer treatments that 6 months ago surgery would be out of the question, but today, it is not. She is going to talk to my surgeon there at Mayo and get his take on things. It is still confusing, but she continues to see shrinkage from the last scan while locally they do not, she also continues to see multiple lesions on my liver, which locally they only see the one. In any case, this is good news. She told me that she can not speak for the surgeon, they may say surgery is completely an option, or they may want to wait and continue improvement with chemo to see more progress in my liver, but she feels chemo is still continuing to shrink my tumors and they are amazed at the results I have had. So the day ended with great news!

Thank you all for your prayers, I have faith they are working, God has a very special plan for me. Please continue to pray for me.

No comments: