Friday, March 28, 2008

Rollercoaster ride

Well after an incredible day yesterday, where Tami was up walking around 5 different times, we get to follow it up with a not so fun day. Tami started feeling ill this morning, lots of pain. They took her back off clear liquids, and the Dr started to worry she might have some internal bleeding. If this was the case she would have to go back to the OR, not fun.

They took her down for a CT Scan to determine what was going on, luckily it turns out she is just full of gas that will not pass because her colon hasn't started working again yet, which is normal after surgery.

Now the following is something that should be noted if you are ever given the choice of having a rather large tube shoved thru your nose and into your stomach, if the give you the choice, go for no! I was all set to leave the room for this one, of course the Nurse asked if I could help out, of course being too nice I couldn't say no. For any medical types reading this.... tubes are not supposed to be shoved down your nasal cavity into your stomach. I will never be a Nurse, and for those of you that know me, that is a good thing, as well, I live under a strict code of lubed objects never entering my body anyhow (yes Tami will beat me for that comment).

Anyways, after all that, they said it will help get the gas out, and ease her pain, which is ultimately the most important thing. She is asleep now, which is few and far between these days. The best part about bad days is they usually can only get better.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I take it, the tube got rid of the gas ... my nose hurts now, thank you very much! I am sure once Tami is up and feeling better, she will present Norm with a lubed tube of his own!

When will Tami get to come home??

:)
N

Anonymous said...

please tell Tami to hang in there. things will only get better from here on out. all of our love and prayers are with you both. Barb and Dale

Anonymous said...

please tell Tami to hang in there. things will only get better from here on out. all of our love and prayers are with you both. Barb and Dale

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the roller coaster ride. I thought those rides were supposed to be fun :)

Take care, Tami. Love ya,

Jackie