Wednesday, March 5, 2008

CT Results

Well we have no change, so for now that is good news. Just as when I started the first chemo, and just had stability, the Dr said this is good news since I have barely just had 2 cycles so this means I am responding to the new chemo.
I was a little more aware when I saw him this morning and we talked to him alot about surgery and what these Dr's we are contacting are saying. Basically when the surgeons see the word neuroendocrine and Mayo, they bow out. We are not taking Mayo records with us on Monday and we are hoping for a new unbiased opinion. My oncologist thinks I should have just let the local surgeon cut out my colon tumor when my journey began and it was nice to hear that Mayo is not the be all, see all that they claim to be all the time. He suggests if we don't get a yes for surgery from the surgeons we are going to see that we go back locally and see if they will take out the colon tumor, I could then start back on the avastin that worked so well before. I am praying that the Dr I see on Monday will give me a chance and take my case on and do surgery. Obviously, it would be much nicer to have a liver surgeon that could take a look and see what he could do while he removes my colon tumor.

The ct also commented on some of the tumors in my liver being cystic and hypodense. My Dr explained that cystic means no cancer and hypodense is basically where cancer was but died from the inside out, and he said this is good news towards having surgery. He was pretty blunt when he said chemo won't cure me,which mayo had said it could, but I have read enough to know it won't cure me. He also said studies show better prognosis when the primary tumor is removed. So, we have a lot to think about, and we have to find someone who sees things the same way he does. Scary, that we may get the chance to roll the dice, perhaps but who knows maybe this is just more false hope. God knows I am so tired of being told no to surgery so I am lending alot of hope on this surgeon in St louis. I am scared, what if I can't make it to chemo after surgery as Mayo suggested back in August? I have to take a chance though I know, but first I have to find someone to help me take that chance. I need prayers for answers next week. I am so thankful I am still here, I am thankful for today. I feel like decisions are going to be part of our near future, not sure why, but I just feel it.

I wanted to ask for a chemo break today for next week, you see I have a grandbaby due anytime now and I am going to be there for his birth! I can't wait! I have always wanted to be in the room when my grandkids were born and this will be a first for me. I decided after the news that I couldn't ask for a chemo break and will just get thru it the best I can. I might be in a wheelchair with my chemo pump on rooting Sherri on, but I will be there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is good news! You are always in my prayers Tami.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

this is wonderful. good luck in St. Louis. as always my prayers are with you. I am so looking foward to hearing about Sherri and the new arrival. I can picture you now in the wheelchair dragging your chemo pump with you into the delivery room. go Tami!! Barb

Anonymous said...

Stability is a wonderful thing!! Celebrate! Good luck in Missouri and keep looking forward to the new addition.

Suzanne