Monday, March 17, 2008

Meet my Grandson

This is my Grandson moments after he was born. He was born yesterday at 11:53 am. He weighs 7 lbs 10 oz and is 19 1/2 inches long. I can't explain how wonderful it was to be there when he was born. I got to cut his cord and welcome him into the wide world ahead of him. Needless to say, he is beautiful. What a miracle life is! Sherry hoped having him before I had surgery would give me additional strength and it has certainly given me strength! I can't wait to watch him as he takes his firsts in life. I am working on getting stronger for my surgery ahead. One step at a time, one minute at a time, isn't that the way life is supposed to be anyways? I am so thankful that Sherri let me be such a big part of the birth of my grandson, Russell Uhler. I already told her to remind him daily he is Nana's boy, not Papa's boy. Norm has a wonderful way about him and always manages for each of the grandkids to be Papa's boy or girl. I am so thankful for him! He is the best Papa in the world and obviously the kids know it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tami, he is beautiful. congratulations. and please tell yourm daughter this too. I am so glad that he was born before your surgery. this way you got to be there for his birth.

Anonymous said...

Yahoooooooooooo!!!! Congrats, Grandma (and Papa, too). He is beautiful and so is Sherry. I can tell already - he is Grandma's boy!! :) Enjoy every second with him. He will be graduating from high school before you know it.

Love ya. Jackie

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for all of you. What a joy. Save your strength. You will need it to keep up with this new grandson!

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Finally he is here! I'm so glad you were there & Sherry & the baby are healthy.
He is beautiful! Tell Sherry HI & Congrats and give the baby lots of love & kisses!

Love-
Laurie