Friday, August 1, 2008

Just talked to the nurse

She said she really isn't that concerned about my results, My Dr really doesn't like to give the shots to boost your white or red blood counts. She pointed out that I have bounced back before, so let's wait and see where things are next wednesday and then go from there. She said they can always give me a red blood count shot at the same time as chemo next week if need be and if I have problems in the mean time with the shortness of breath or darkened stools, to go to my local oncologist. Funny, I haven't heard a word from them since I haven't been going to them for treatment. The bitter side of me says, whereever the dollar goes, so does the care.

As is cancer, I suppose as is low blood counts with chemo, just part of it I have to learn to be ok with, at least I still have life, and that is what truly matters

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you talked to your nurse. that should help. anything going on at the Loewen house this weekend? it is going to be really hot. maybe turn that air on low, eat some chocolate and light one of those new candles. kick back girl and relax. Barb

Anonymous said...

candles? candles? did I hear new candles? Tami are you holding out on me??

:)
Nanc