Monday, June 2, 2008

Round 2 Comin up....

Well, this Friday starts round 2 of this new chemo. Dr Benson will also be adding on the octeroside shot after the positive results of the octeroscan. Tami is nervous, and I don't blame her, but she has been doing pretty good on this first round. In fact some days she might even push it too far, but that's Tami, she reminds me of my dad in the fact that she cant sit still for too long and if she sees something that needs done, she just does it. Which is the opposite of me (which I am working on changing.... slowly ).

Saturday we went out to Garage Sales with Sarah, Tami was feeling good, and she did a bunch of walking, I think she tired herself out pretty good. We also stopped by the pool place, its always funny for me to watch Tami engage in conversation with someone when she knows alot about the subject, discussing chemicals and such for the pool, the fact that the Pool guy knew her name when she walked in should have been my first clue, she is the pool queen :) ( I was reminded many times this weekend that I am just the pool boy, I offered to build her one of those lifeguard chairs so she could just overlook me while I worked).

Anyways, Thursday night we will be headed up to Chicago again, sounds like we have a really nice room this time, and for pretty cheap thru the American Cancer Society. I am sure I will be running out to PF Chang's to pick up some chinese food that night. Everyone keep Tami in their thoughts and prayers, and hope for another decent round of chemo, and for it to do its job!

Choose to be happy today. Don't worry about tomorrow. Prepare for it, but don't obsess. Just get through today's challenges.

Mike Brescia


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

please tell Tami that she is as always in our prayers. hope that it all goes well, and that you enjoy the chinese food. personally I have never liked Chicago, but in this case I hope these Drs. do her some good. I have seen Tammi in action, and she really knows her candles and Grubbyland products. God be with you both. please keep us posted. Barb and Dale

Anonymous said...

Norm - thanks for the update. Tami and you are both in our prayers.

Tami - we'll be thinking about you and praying for success with your trip this week.

Jon and Shelly

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the chemo.
-- lounge queen