Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I'll have a bloody mary... add the mustard gas please

I would love to have a bloody mary, but guess I will settle for a dose of chemo with mustard gas instead, well at least as long as it's killing off these cancer cells. Truth is I am scared of chemo again, just like I always am. It's like going out for a night on the town, you know were your going but not sure how the night will turn out.

I have to admit something here that has been making me not post on here. I hate mean uncaring people. You know the kick um when they are down kinda people? I have encountered one of those people and it just plain sucks. Even when cancer isn't bad enough, I got kicked hard in the heart. That is the reason I haven't posted much. I don't want that person to know anything that is going on in my head, they already know too much about me, and again I hate mean cruel heartless people that dont think I have enough going on without adding more to my emotional plate. however I am a survivor, I am a fighter and I could even be considered one mean bitch at times, so I move on and I post. Why? Because it's my right to do whatever I want to and posting whats on my mind here makes me feel better, and so guess what? I choose to post! My learning curve from this to all of you caring wonderful people is this, think about what you are doing and who you might hurt from your actions and your words. What have I learned from this? hmmmm heart aches are much worse than cancer, I am one strong woman and this coarse in heartbreak will only make me a stronger person to fight my cancer. It's not my fault I got cancer, it's not my fault I am sick and I deserve to be treated with care and respect and so comes my slogan for the day.... Even voltures wait for the animal to die before they dive in to devour it.

Please pray for this chemo to be working, and for it to be a easy as last round, pray for me to have peace, because most of all I deserve that.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um Bloody Mary sounds really good.

Maybe I will have one for you! You have only positive thoughts from me and everyone in my family. We think & pray only positive thoughts for you. Because that is what you need and we love ya! Don't listen to the bitchy people out there! They are not needed!! Good luck this time around

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Tami-don't listen to the negative.
That person can only be jealous of your positive and loving nature!
You have so many people who love & care about you-focus on that.
You are the best-don't ever forget that! Good luck on your next round.
Laurie

Norm said...

Just a FYI on the Mustard Gas comment (as for the Bloody Mary, she will have to explain that one, I think its the main drink of hers when hanging out with her sisters :) ):

Modern-day chemotherapy has its origins on the battlefields of the First World War. Military doctors noticed that soldiers exposed to mustard gas, a chemical warfare agent, died because their bone marrow was destroyed (a condition called 'bone marrow aplasia'). Doctors began to investigate why this might have happened, and in 1942, 'nitrogen mustard' was used in a hospital in the US to treat lymphoma patients, albeit with limited success.

Nitrogen mustard works by physically modifying the DNA in your cells - it is a class of drug called an 'alkylating agent'. Work by Cancer Research UK (then the Cancer Research Campaign) in London in the 1950s led to the development of more effective alkylating agents, chlorambucil, melphalan and busulphan. These drugs are still regarded as mainstays of therapy for myeloma, lymphoma and some leukaemias.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tami, I still think of you often and am praying up a storm that this round of chemo works like a charm. Have been having a little snicker over your bloody mary desires, guess you can have plain old v8, and we'll have the kickers, for now. Thanks Norm, for the little lesson on the mustard gas, had no idea that has some positive use. And Tami.....don't let any doofus bring you down, you need to conserve your strength. Just let karma do its work on that oddball.

Anonymous said...

Tami
Don't waste your precious energy on this cruel, heartless, uncaring person. You save all your energy for YOUR fight. What comes around goes around and they will get theirs in the end.
I remain optimistic and pray for you daily, you are always in my thoughts.
Love you
Phyllis

Anonymous said...

Tami: anxious to know how the weekend went. when is your next chemo? been watching your blog for news. please post soon. Barb

Anonymous said...

Anyone who is trying to hurt you isn't worth your time or attention. Ignore the ignoramus.

Rooting for a good chemo!
-- the lounge queen