Thursday, June 12, 2008

On A good note




Today is a good day, I am alive. Sarah my daughter came down to visit tonite, it was fun just seeing her smiling face tonite! I have talked to all 4 of my kids today, both my sisters and hubby is caring as always, whats a gal got to complain about with all this love?
I went for blood work today and am feeling a little fevered tonite so hoping its not something I am coming down with, hate to even say it, knock on wood, but overall I have had very few complications and hope to keep it that way. I try to eat lots of protein and so far that has kept my blood counts in good shape. From what I have read this chemo likes to lower your blood counts so hoping the protein will help to rebuild everything.

I am blessed. What more can I ask for? 3 of the 5 grandkids are spending the night tomorrow so it should be lots of fun. I can't wait to hang out with them, and Norm is the best papa in the world so I am sure I will have to share the grandkids with him, or more likely he will have to share them with me. My favorite Korban story for the day. Every time I talk to Kristi my DIL on the phone Korban has to talk to me, as soon as I say Hello, he wants to know where's his Papa, I always tell him working, well ok sometimes I tell him I threw him in the garbage:), but anyways, Korban always ask why papa is working, so I have told him for months, papa is working to buy dog food for the dogs. Korban knows the routine, but he asks every time I talk to him, well lately, he answers his own questions, and asks a few of his own. He has been saying, papas working? I say yes, he says to buy dog food, I say yes, and lately he says why those dogs eat so much:)... Korban just turned 3, and as you can tell he is one in a million... poor ole papa having to work every day to buy dog food for our 3 tiny dachshunds, poor guy:P This is a picture from last weekend of papa and Korban having fun in the pool, doesn't Korban look like the little boy from the movie Big Daddy that has adam sandler in it?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a cute picture, thanx for sharing that. Korban is a sweetie, and so is Norm. Yes - am sure 3 doxies can eat you out of house and home - vbg.

Ok - so this may sound like I am a dummie - but today I am thinking that the plant you are....is rhubarb. You know - strong stalk again, biggest leaf ever. Saw some yesterday and thought of stopping to ask if I could buy some....but chickened out.

I'm knocking on wood too and saying prayers that you are not coming down with something - no complications is a very good thing.

Have you always been an "early bird" - early riser?

Anonymous said...

How cute! Have fun this weekend!

Kathy

Anonymous said...

A woman is like a tea bag — only in hot water do you realize how strong she is. ~ Nancy Reagan

Love ya,

Jackie

Brandie said...

Hey Tami...
Sorry I haven't been in touch for a while!!! Sure do miss you....but try to read your updates as often as I can. So glad to hear that you are feeling good, and have a big weekend planned with the kiddos!!! As always, you are ALWAYS in my thoughts and prayers!!!
Keep your chin up girl....
Much love,
Brandie

Anonymous said...

Tami: hope that you and you family are having a great weekend. hope that Papa and Grandma aren't spoiling those grandbabies too much. or is that possible? I would love to see your dogs someday. they sound so cute. Aunt Lindajust got a doxie. he is very nice looking. he is black with tan markings. his name is Oscar Meyer. again enjoy. Barb

Anonymous said...

Oh, my -- Korban is as cute as a button! :)

-- the loungequeen