Saturday, June 28, 2008

It's a miracle


Miraculously, we got to chicago and my blood counts had all returned to within normal range. It could have been the tuna filled with protein I lovingly now call cat food but for now I'll just call it a miracle, and I will take every miracle I can get! The chemo is hitting me a little harder this time, just feel blah, nausea, pain, just yucky. One more day to go on the chemo etoposide pills.I never know how I am going to get thru the pills, but as everything else these days, it's one pill at a time and I am sure I will get thru them tomorrow somehow. We have a order for a ct scan I just have to call and get it scheduled for a few weeks from now. So I am really nervous about this as I have already talked about, so this is going to be a bumpy next couple weeks. I pray the results are good and we see tons of shrinkage in my tumors. Cancer is becoming a live it one day at a time and hope for tomorrow.


Sarah went up with me and Norm and it was nice to force myself to get up and about after chemo and do some walking around Chicago. It's nice to be able to just people watch up there and we sure saw some people to watch this time. Amazing!


I finally got the pictures in of last weekend at the cabin at the Dam bar, they look really small but then I realized if you click on the pictures, it makes the pictures bigger, give it a try if you didn't know, I am the sick looking one in the pics, dang it, one day I will look like the baby sister again, instead of the sick sister.

I wanted to include this one with this post as it just reminds me of how perfect life is. Daddy goose leads his babies with mama goose following close behind. This is another pic from last weekend at the cabin, just another wonder of life.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tami it's great to see you posting so much. I love the pics...what a great looking bunch you are and the island is neat. Also I've enjoyed the quotes you've shared lately.

Everything is sounding more promising and I feel a different tone to your posting...a strength that I've come to expect from you. You are such an inspiration and I continue to pray for good things for you...Brenda

Anonymous said...

Some days there won't be a song in your heart. Sing anyway. ~Emory Austin


Love you.

Jackie

Anonymous said...

everything sounds pretty good if you could just get over that yucky feeling. did you get to go to one of your favorie eating places in Chicago? that was nice that Sarah got to go with you. I bet you really enjoyed having her along. have a wonderful day. get out in the sunshine, enjoy this weather before it gets stinking hot. Barb

Anonymous said...

thank you so much for the pix you have given us. I am so "pute-duh" that I didn't know I could make the pix bigger. I still love the one by the dam bar.

Was so happy that my heart zinged for you - when the title of your post used the word miracle.

I think maybe you are doing a lot more than treading water, I say you're going to be our olympic winner. Now - where did I put that gold medal!!

Keep on - keeping on, you are such a winner in my book. Makes me smile - I think you have become as strong as an ox. Good going, Tami.

from Rosemary

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! I am glad you decided to share it with us.

If you get tired of "cat food", nuts have lots of protein in them and also are chockful of vitamins and minerals -- try a variety, each has different benefits. My top choices would be almonds, walnuts and brazil nuts. Great nibblers.

And if your stomach is not up to digesting them, try protein shakes - my favorite is Sisu creamy chocolate flavour (but then I am a chocolate freak). If you don't heat it and don't put it in the blender, the un-denatured whey in it retains a nutrient called glutathione that is supposed to assist your body in handling body stress (was recommended to my husband whose body is stressed to the max by chronic pain and fatigue -- google it to see the research). Not all protein shakes have un-denatured whey, so read the label before you buy.

Hang in there!
- the lounge queen