Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Lookie here..I am bloggin

I thought it was time for a post from me. I have a hard time typing with the numbness in my hands so it takes forever to retype all the words but here goes.
We got even more news, from the octeroscan, it shows positive for the receptor that shows octerotide will work along with my other chemo so they will be adding that in next time. I have heard some horror stories about insurance not wanting to cover it, so hopefully that will not come to be, our insurance has been wonderful so far, praying it continues. So one more drug to kill off this cancer is a good thing. Not sure of side effects, etc on that yet

This chemo round has been much better than I had been expecting. When I feel bad I feel horrible, but that is only about 5% of the time, the other times I am wonderful. Have even been doing some household tasks and making my way out to supervise the pool boy Norm.

In many ways, maybe because I feel better, I am trying to live with cancer instead of die with cancer. What I mean is I am actually trying to live again, it feels good to the soul, heart and mind, It may take me one day but not today, today I choose life. I even got through memorial day without crying. Thats a first holiday with no tears from me.

We will head back to chicago next friday june 6 for second round of chemo with new addition chemo, so hoping it will go well.
Live strong everyone, we only have today, yesterday doesn't matter and tomorrow may never come so live strong for today.
Thank you all for your comments and offers to help. From a few posts ago, yes Sarah is an angel. I can't begin to tell you how proud I am of her as I am all of my kids.
Ok, hands are giving out on me, sorry for the abbreviated words, but it's all I can handle for now,
Pray for this chemo to do it's job and kill off this cancer and also to keep my mind strong, and my families minds stong during this time. My family needs the prayers as much as I do, this is so tough on them. I love them so very much

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tami -
It sounds like wonderful news. So glad you're living each day. Praying for you and your family. I pray God lets to see the sunshine in every day.

Stay strong

Shelly

Anonymous said...

Tami; my grandmother always said live one day at a time, and live that one to the fullest. with your family and your attitude I can see this happening very easily. good new. go girl!! Barb

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you blogging again! I love your attitude of living for today -- the joy of it will surely reduce your stress and help you through the bad times. Keep on kickin' that cancer!
-- the lounge queen

Unknown said...

Hi, Tami---
Nice to see you are back at the computer. I don't get much chance to sit down here---the 16goingon20something girl needs to keep up with all her friends---even though she constantly texts and had seen most of them at school. Great and positive news that last was. Please-oh-please keep that positive attitude up. We do pray for you and your family. Your family is wonderful. I admire you greatly and I admire them for their love and care for you. YOU ARE STRONG--God has a plan for you, and I just don't think that you are finished with your work here. You are definitely still needed as wife, mother, grandmother, friend---

Keep going, Tami

God bless,

Paula