Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Still not 100%

This day started off on a bad foot. I didn't get but maybe 20 minutes sleep all night last night with my stomach swollen and hurting. This morning I got up and knew I had to take some extra laxatives to get things moving so I called chicago and they recomended I try magnesum citrate, which I took, knowing it usually takes `12 hours for it to work. Took a pain pill and about half hour later, had to run for the bathroom. Not for the end your thinking. I am never a puky type of person, well I was this morning, the mag citrate didn't stay where it was supposed to. So then I was really scared, thinking I must have a blockage. I called chicago again and the nurse told me to go to the er, I asked if I could try a enema first, which they said yes, but don't mess around with this it could be a blockage. The enema worked! No more throwing up. My stomach is still really sore but hopefully I am on the mend. I am still running a fever from chemo I presume, and I am not sure if chemo will happen this week or not. This chemo is definitely tougher on me than I am used to. I hope we can find another answer and many options somewhere down the road. Somedays it feels like the road is getting ready to end and it makes me sad. I need to pin our Dr down a bit more and find out what is left for me and why he is so opposed to the sirspheres and hipec for me. They both seem like amazing miracle drugs and I want to know why they won't work for me. Thanks for the prayers, they definitely got me thru this morning, along with Kristi coming over and helping me. Poor Kristi probably never imagined she'd be helping her mother in law get a enema, thank god for her!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tami; it sounds like you had a rough day yesterday, but you are on the road to feeling better. thank God for your wonderful family. it is great to know that you have the wonderful family that you do for all of that support. keep on feeling better and I will keep you in my daily prayers...........Barb

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you feeling a bit better. I hope you can get that doctor to give you the right information about the treatments you seek ASAP, so you can make your decisions.
Good luck, and keep feeling better!

-- the lounge queen

Anonymous said...

Tami,
I'm sure Kristy never had a second thought about helping you.Sorry that you had a bad night but glad you are on the road to a better day.

Deb