Friday, November 21, 2008

how to kick a horse when they are down already

1- tell them that chemo generally doesn't work for "these" type of tumors, then ask would I like
to go ahead with chemo
2- tell them the reason for all of their pain is from pain medicines, so the pain meds need to be
stopped, all of them, including the one that relaxes the colon, because the colon isn't working
right, is sluggish or may not be pushing food thru at all. no worries right? why would i be
taking pain meds anyway? oh and then later, have the nurse shove a bone scan order at
me, even though that would have been a first choice before pulling all pain meds
3- tell them hipec is for ovarian cancer patients with much smaller tumors than mine, even
though I could have shared the 23 year old male that had hipec several months ago, and I
dont even think he has ovaries, or the other cases i know about that all have colon cancer
that have had hipec to get rid of omentum metasis.

enuf said.. chemo is done, I am down, Norm is completely silent and hasn't uttered a word for hours, can I ask for anymore while
I am down here?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry,I am at a lost for words,I will be praying for you and your family...

Love Ya
Your Friend Alway's
Debora " Deb "

Brandie said...

Tammy...I am so sorry to hear this. I wish that I could take all this away from you...I hate to know that you are in so much pain, and that you are dealing with this and there is nothing that I can do for you. You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers!!!! Miss you much...
love,
Brandie

Anonymous said...

OMG you need another doctor...at least someone who will be willing to manage the pain and keep everything moving. It can be done. It sounds like you know more than them and they are sensitive about that fact. I know I've mentioned this before but my mother's hospice nurse was so much more knowledgeable about managing the symptoms of advanced cancer and I know she kept my mother alive much longer than just the doc would have and with a good quality of life because she managed everything so well. Fortunately we had a doctor whose ego would allow the nurse to suggest treatments. I'll always love him for that.

Bless your heart...I'll keep the prayers coming for some answers...love ya girlie, Brenda

lizzy said...

Tami,
Im so sorry to here this news. Please email sam and get information. I am thinking of you all the time and your family. I am prying so hard for answeres. Go put your arms around norm and pray together. Please call if you want to talk scream cry laugh. I am and always will be here for you. I want you to know I am calling more people for more praying. love ya
Lizzy

Anonymous said...

I don't think you're the kind of a horse that takes things lying down. Remember you can still kick while down (and I'd be aiming at the crotch of that doctor).

Don't give up, kick!

-- the lounge queen

Anonymous said...

I wish I had words that could help. All I can say is I am praying for you.

Is the Cancer Treatment Center an option?

Blessings,
Nanc