Sunday, September 21, 2008

A perfect wedding







The wedding was everything it's supposed to be. I can't tell you how proud I am of my daughter, Sarah and new son in law Josh. The love between the two of them was overwhelmingly evident. I am so glad I got to witness their marriage. It has been a weekend filled with highs and lows. I gained a son in law, my in laws left for home and my brother and sister in law left for home. So as I said it has been filled with many high and lows. I miss my in laws something fierce and my brother and sister in law too. I didn't get near enough time with my brother and sister in law Phyllis. Today has been a day of sadness and happiness. The words I remember the most from the wedding that let me know my daughter was marrying the man of her dreams was right before the ceremony when I was sure she was going to lose it and she said "I just need to be able to see Josh, if I can just see him, I will be ok" Those words let me know that my daughter knew the same kind of love that I know from Norm and I feel from Norm, somedays I just know I will be ok if I can just see Norm, so my daughter echoed to me what I know is true love. Another unforgettable moment was when I asked Josh if he would walk me to my seat as he went to the front to wait for Sarah, I told him I loved him, and he would be just fine as we walked, and then we both just lost it as he walked me to my seat. I managed to control my sobbing before the ceremony began, only by telling myself I would surely ruin the whole ceremony with my blubbering mess. I learned that day, how dear I am to Josh.






If you get the chance to dance, I hope you'll dance... how many times have you seen that on a sign? Well I have a confession to make, before my daughters wedding, I had never danced, but on her wedding day, I chose to dance... with my husband Norm, with my son in law Josh, with my son Eric, with my son KJ, and with my 8 year old grandson.






I lost the bet as Norm didn't cry. I was sure he would as he proudly walked Sarah down the aisle, but you couldn't have wiped the smile off of his face, showing how proud he was to get the honor to walk her down the aisle.






I know tomorrow is going to be so lonely, no more decorations to make, no more in laws to hang out with, no plans, it's gonna be tough going back to an ordinary day.. but I am so thankful God allowed me to be here to witness and be part of a wonderful day for my daughter and new son in law. I can't remember the last time, I was surounded by so much family. I am blessed.


I am sure there will be many more pictures to follow but here are a couple from the wedding showing obviously Sarah and Josh, and then one of me, Norm, and all 5 of our grandkids, and a picture of me with my brother and sisters. You can click on each one for a larger image.
cancer was gone for the wedding day. I wish there could be a wedding every day.







8 comments:

Brandie said...

Tami...
So happy to hear that you and your family had a wonderful day!!! You look fabulous!!!!!
And Sarah looks so absolutely stunning.
I am glad that you had good weather, and most of all that you had fun...and got to dance!!!

I sure do miss ya.

Brandie

Anonymous said...

Tami: it looks like Sarah and Josh had a beutiful wedding. she lokks like a picture of a bride that you cut out of a magazine. she looks gorgeous. her Mom and Dad looked pretty spiffy too. everyone looked great. were any of the grandkids in the wedding? they sure looked adorable. it looks and sounds like a good time was had by all. a day that you will never forget.

Barb

Anonymous said...

Well I'm crying right here at work. You know I forgot to put my eye makeup on this morning and didn't realize til I parked to go in...well everything happens for a reason cause it would be streaming down my face right now. Someone just walked in my office and asked if I had a cold LOL.

I love the pics...what a blessed day and of course you all look great. The bride is breathtaking and the new SIL reminds me of Norm and it sounds like he will be just as good a DH. Norm wil set a wonderful example for him.

Well I love that you danced. I'm not a dancer either so maybe there is hope for me yet. I know you miss everyone but maybe you and Norm can have some quality time together this week and relax and let the good news of the scan soak in.

Tami thanks so much for sharing the wedding with us. I can't wait for more pics...Brenda

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!! Sarah is almost as beautiful as her mama. What a beautiful family!!! I hope you dance each and every day! Live, Love,Laugh, my friend.

Love ya lots.

Jackie

Anonymous said...

What great photos and you looked beautiful Tami, Sarah is such a lovely girl and that is because of you! Norm cleans up well and looked pretty darn good ... I want to see, I have to see all your wedding pics! I am so glad you had a good day away from cancer to truly enjoy the wedding ... I thought of you so often Friday and throughout the weekend - your joy was radiating to me!
:)
Nanc

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures! What a beautiful couple, I wish them a long and happy marriage! You and Norm looked awesome, there was so much joy radiating from your faces. Glad you kicked your heels up and danced!
-- the lounge queen

Tami said...

Thank you all for your wonderful comments. The wedding was wonderful. Both of my granddaughters, DeAnn and Mckayla(left to right) were flower girls.
Brenda if you get the chance to dance, dance, you only get one shot at life, it was a memorable part of the wedding for me.

Anonymous said...

Tami,
I am so glad you had a chance to dance and see Sarah wed the love of her life. and may you have many more day's to dance.

Debora