Friday, November 16, 2007

5th chemo

Today is my 46th Birthday. I go to have my pump removed today from my 5th chemo session. This time my symptoms have been:
Dizzy eyes...where your eyes don't quite want to see the same direction
numbness and tingling in my fingers, toes, and lips
red face
weird achy calves.. my legs don't want to move sometimes
feel like I am running a fever though it has only been99
fatigue
crying, why does chemo always make me cry?

I asked the Dr on wednesday what our plan is, he told me ideally we would continue to see shrinkage and they would submit me for surgery after 12 rounds of chemo, if I am approved for surgery then he would probably send me to mayo for surgery. I would have to stop the avistin part of chemo 1 to 2 months before surgery. If we dont continue to see favorable results they would switch my chemo over to the neuro endocrine chemo, which I will lose my hair. So, everytime I see him, he has a different opinion, it's almost like he doesnt realize which patient he is with.

He also said he is sure this is a neuroendocrine tumor, though mayo says they aren't sure. Of coarse I had to search neuroendocrine tumor and read that the average survival rate is 5 months, so that put me down for the rest of the day..
WHATEVER is what I say to that today!

We sent the ct scans up to mayo for a second look from the doc up there and are awaiting word from them.

I can't wait to get this pump off today, it makes a clicking noise every two minutes as it pumps more poison into my body and I just about can't take it. My sister Debbie is coming to take me as no one would want me driving like this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday to you. happy birthday to you. happy birthday dear tami. happy birthday to you!

Love ya!