Thursday, July 17, 2008

Off for more yummy chemo

We head out in a few hours for Chicago for chemo tomorrow. I am hoping my blood counts are ok, as I didn't get them checked this week. In any case, you gals are hilarious with your typos:)
I have messed around all morning, just dreading going up this time, like usual. I know the chemo is working, but also know how it makes me feel so I am just dreading going up this time. I fully expect a 10 on the tear scale when we get up there and it hits me I am having chemo, somedays it's just easier to pretend it's not what it is. God give me strength to take the chemo pills on saturday and sunday. That is the part I don't like the most as I always feel the worst when I am taking them. I am thrilled they are working though. Sarah and Josh, her fiance are going to meet us up there, since her birthday is saturday, it will be fun to have her to hang out with. She always reasons with me, I can just hear her saying "Oh Mom" when I get sad, shes such a great daughter

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

when I go through something that I don't want to do I just think happy thoughts. I know that it is nothing like you have to go through with chemo, but just think about your wonderful family, and what fun you could have this weekend. my thoughts are with you. be strong. Barb

Anonymous said...

Hi Tami and All, I hope you got thru the weekend and the chemo ok, was thinking about you and sending perky thoughts.

We are loaded with company here, and it has rained everyday. Puts a damper on outside activities, and that is hardest on the little kids.

We loan the bunkhouse to our neighbors next door, they have a "gathering" of family every summer and they need the extra space - don't know how they manage with a 4 yr. old and 8 month old and the mom and dad.......with 2 twin beds.

I'm having a hard time even believing July is almost over, this summer is zooming by, haven't turned our ac off in a week. Can you say dog days of summer?? Ugh!

Anonymous said...

Hope your chemo went ok... I found this article on a gal that has cancer, and I thought you might like to read it:
http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=living-with-cancer-kris-carr&sc=WR_20080722

Take good care of yourself!
- the lounge queen