Friday, April 4, 2008

Still looking good

Today continued to be a good day, after another round of stomach x-rays, she was able to have her stomach tube clapped off (not removed yet) and once again started on liquids. She continued to have bowel movements, and was up walking (and smoking) a bunch. Most of the obstructions are healing up nicely.

If all goes well tonight, no tossing her cookies (or in this case broth and jello) they will pull the tube and start her on soft foods. She would like to start with a steak and baked potato.

As special note to her forum buddies the FoHo's, Tami said the flowers were gorgeous and she was very thankful for them.

We are hopeful for a Sunday release, especially me as I will have to go back Sunday to return to work on Monday, I would hate to leave her down here, even tho she would be in good hands.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like things are progressing well. good news. hope to see you released on Sunday. I also hope that Tami gets that steak and potatoe. but I bet she will not share it with Norm. all of out thoughts and prayers are with you both Barb and Dale

Anonymous said...

Tami: Glad to hear Steve came to see you. Sherry told me he was coming. I'm praying for you every day for this to come to and end. I'll be in Peoria in May and I want to come to see you. Love and Prayers, Patti

Anonymous said...

Norm,

Kenny and Sarah (maybe Eric) are planning on coming down Sun thru Mon. PLEASE let us know if she is released tomorrow so we don't show up to an empty hospital bed!!! We love you guys!

Kenny, Kristi, Gracie, and Booga