Thursday, January 31, 2008

Update from Kristi

Hey Everyone...it's Kristi, Tami's daughter-in-law. You are hearing from me because this has been a pretty icky round of chemo, and Tami is to wiped out right now to type. I do know, though, that there are a lot of you, like me, that wait to read her blog and stay in the loop...so here's the update:

I got a call from Tami yesterday around 4:30ish, and she was speaking so quietly, she was hard to hear, so I went right over...In my opinion, this has been the worst round ever, and it is so hard to see her like this and be helpless to take any of it away. I am so grateful and glad that she accepts my help and company. Let me tell you about a few of her symptoms this time around. She said that she felt like she had been run over. Last night she was very queezy and drained. She was on the couch covered up. Her hands and feet were very tingly and it was hard for her to eat, she said it felt like she had had a hot pepper. I had to warm up her water and fruit to make it a bit less painful to swallow. I tried to get some food in her, and she accomplished a cracker, a few pieces of diced peaches and a bit of tuna. I'm sure she didn't feel like it, but I was determined!!! It was very hard for Tami to walk, as it was like the muscles in her legs weren't listening to her brain tell them to move.

So, as you can guess, it was an emotional and frustrating evening for her, and I am blogging mainly to rally some prayers...or lots of them :) Any positive prayers and comments would be very encouraging for her, as she is finding it difficult at times to even have the desire for more chemo.

On a different note, I would like to use this chance to share with you what Tami means to me. What began as a happy surprise to find great in-laws, for me, has turned into a life-long friendship. Tami and I have very much in common, and I feel like we "speak the same language." Tami has become one of my best friends, and I love her very much. I love the opportunity to spend time with her, any time I can. I always wish there was more that I could do. I love her take on parenting and the advice that she gives. I love the way she prioritizes her loved ones and the way she can turn negatives into positives. We all have a lot to learn from the "Tamis" in our life, and I am one of the blessed ones to be honored to share her time.

Thanks for visiting, and thanks in advance for the prayers!
In His Care,
Kristi (and Tami)

3 comments:

Brandie said...

Tami,
Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you and praying for you. I know that it has to be hard for you sometimes to get up the energy to keep going. I know that you have this in you...and that you WILL beat this nasty thing!!!! Keep your chin up..we are all pulling for you girlfriend. And just to echo what Kristi said....I am too grateful that I met you and found such a great "Tami" to have in my life!!!! Let me know if you need anything of if I can do ANYTHING to help you out.
Much love...
Brandie

Anonymous said...

Tami,

All my love and prayers are with you each and every day. Your smile is in my heart.

Kristi, thank you for the update. Tami is so fortunate to have you and the rest of her beautiful family to help her fight the BEAST.

Mever, never give up. Hang on to the hope. Feel better soon.

Love, Jackie

Anonymous said...

Tami; as always you are in my prayers everyday. and I hope you don't mind but you are on our prayer chain at church also. keep on fighting this, as we all know what a fighter you are. this beast will not win. go girl. hope you are wearing the hat that Norm got you. Barb C.