Friday, January 25, 2008

I Refuse to give up!

yes, it's true, I have found the old me and I refuse to just give up! I am still upset about not being able to have surgery but My new oncologist and Dr Chen from Mayo said they aren't saying never, they are saying the chemo is working, let it do it's magic. The Dr at Chicago said I have peritonium(aka omentum, pelvic area, lymph node) involvement, which they showed at Mayo, everyone calls it something different but they are referring to the same area. So, go figure, I am one too many places of cancer to have surgery. Oh well, Maybe next time, no Definitely next time! I have seen far too many miracles happen within me to just say ok, so it's chemo for life. I plan to sit back for a month or two and take more chemo, perhaps make some diet changes( I need to gain weight) , but then watch out world, I am looking for answers. I couldn't say I was fighting this if I just resigned myself to chemo for the rest of my life, there is a option out there for me, be it at MD anderson in houston, or Sloan Ketterling in New York, or even at Mayo, there are Dr's out there that are doing something to help cases like mine, I just have to find them.

Thank you all for your prayers, I got myself in a pretty bad funk when I was told no surgery, but then I remembered that I prayed and asked for prayers for the right answer. So the right answer was no surgery now.

A friend of mine' Mother prays for me daily and I got to speak to her the other day and she told me, I would be ok, no matter if I was on earth or in heaven. I believe she is right. I continue to ask for prayers. I don't want to do chemo anymore, but I know I have to, so I will be slithering down into the chair next wednesday for more chemo, This time I will take it willingly and remember the whole time it is killing my cancer, and I am thankful I have that option.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go girl!!

Kathy

Anonymous said...

this is the Tami that I remember. we are all rooting for you in this fight. Go Go Go!!! Barb