Tuesday, January 29, 2008

10th Chemo coming up

I have felt great for the last 4 days. I have actually just did some normal stuff, house cleaning, organizing, etc. We met with the new candle sales reps and got things going and that makes me feel so good. Grubbyland will continue on! The sales reps are going to do a wonderful job selling, I couldn't be happier. The room I call "my candle room" will always be my candle room but I have been sorting through stuff and am going to turn it into my craft room. I really miss making candles and going 90 miles an hour throughout most of the day to keep up with business. I only wish I would have taken more time back in the day to be proud of myself for starting from scratch and making a successful business. I am proud of me, the more time I have to think, the more accomplishments I realize I have made in my life and Grubbyland Candles is definitely on that list, I have met so many wonderful people and am so thankful for all of them for helping me to realize the dream.

On another front, and maybe just to get it off my mind, I called the old oncologists office yesterday to get a copy of my records. They called me this morning and told me they would be happy to fax them to another Dr but it was"their" policy that records not be given to the patient..... this left beyond pissed! I said, do you mean my medical records that I am legally entitled to? She said well I can check into it further if you want, I said well yes please do, I would hate to have to contact my lawyer to get a copy of my own medical records that are legally my right to have. She called back about half hour later and said they would be ready for me to pick up. They are just clueless as usual, Norm told me he is sorry he didn't realize all the mistakes earlier. Of coarse it's not his fault.

Tomorrow is chemo and they are calling for bad weather north of here, so am hoping I get to go have chemo, it's time to kill off some cancer! I may be doing it alone as I told my sister, I would much rather do chemo alone than her end up in a ditch driving in the bad weather. Hopefully it will just miss us like it has been.
Little things I am thankful for: Juice boxes, so awesome after chemo to use instead of cold juice, see they aren't just for kids! The other thing is my little seed corn filled small pillow that I got at the cancer center, it warms up in the microwave and stays warm for hours! Keeps my hands warm when they are cold and tingly from chemo.
One more thing, may not be appropriate but what they hay... my hubby got me a knit cap for Christmas that is embroidered with F&*k cancer on it. I wouldn't dare wear it out, for fear of someones child reading it, but I do wear it around the house on positive days, keeps my head warm and reflects what I am truly thinking about cancer.
As always thanks for your prayers, keep them coming, I need lots of go away cancer prayers, I want to beat this so badly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

just to let you know Tami, we are all so glad that your candle buissness is continuing. there are no candles out there like yours. and as far as the cap that Norm bought you, go Norm Barb C.

Anonymous said...

What Cancer Cannot Do

Author: Unknown
Cancer is so limited...
It cannot cripple love.
It cannot shatter hope.
It cannot corrode faith.
It cannot eat away peace.
It cannot destroy confidence.
It cannot kill friendship.
It cannot shut out memories.
It cannot silence courage.
It cannot reduce eternal life.
It cannot quench the Spirit.


Love ya, Jackie

Anonymous said...

Cool Hat! Where did Norm find that? Looking forward to Jackie/Barbs party! Your candles ROCK!

Kathy