Tuesday, March 3, 2009

This blog

First off, thanks to all for everyones support and love during this time, I am not sure what I would do without all of you, my parents being here makes this house not seem so lonely, although its still not the same, never will be. Tami touched everything here, everything about this house had Tami's touch in some form or another, how could I ever change a thing, I couldn't. I am having a hard time cleaning up simple things, so the house is still a bit of a mess, least by Tami's standards, I can hear her, I should pick up, but I wont right now. Sarah, just add it to my list of things I will hear about in the end.

As for this blog, it was Tami's wishes that I keep it going for a year after her leaving. So I will continue to post until Feb 28th of 2010, god willing. For this post I want to share a little bit of Tami's journal she wrote for me and her kids and sisters. This is the final note she wrote in it. It is dated 1-21-09.

"Just home from a week in the hospital. I never knew the end would come so fast but feel I am almost there. I love you all so much, thank you for being in my life + thank you for helping me. Norm thank you for loving me + being so kind to me. I will miss you all so much. Always stay strong + be there for each other + know that I will always love all of you with all that I am.
Forever + Always,
Mom, Tami."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are very lucky that Tami had written some very loving last words to you all. That is so precious, when all you want is to hear from her, hear her voice, something - anything! I know exactly how that feels.
I am very glad you are going to keep the blog going. It's a good way to keep Tami in your heart and you can write your thoughts.
God Bless your family in every way!

Hugs,
Marie

Anonymous said...

Norm I'm glad you will keep Tami's blog going for a while. It feels comforting somehow for me...Brenda

Anonymous said...

Norm,as Marie said,you are very lucky that Tami had written some Loving words. I feel for the pain you and the family are going through. I only wished that Bill and my mom would have been able to write something before thay had passed.i feel you are a very strog person and will be fine as time goes by it gets better, keep writing about what ever comes.

God Bless You and the kid's

Hugs
Debora " Deb "

Anonymous said...

I couldn't help but shed more tears after reading that...

I am looking forward to reading about your healing in the coming year,
the lounge queen

Kristi said...

Norm,

I am so pleased that you will continue the blog for a year. Thanks so much for sharing Tami's words, that would please her very much. I read it to Kenny, and we definitely had a good cry, but it was great to hear! What a gift!

Thanks!
K

Anonymous said...

Norm: you are so good about this blog. Tami adored you and I know we will all miss her a lot. sorry I couldn't make it to the service yesterday. please let me know if there is anything you need. and just to let you know time will ease the pain. so glad your parents are there for you right now. Barb and Dale

Anonymous said...

Norm -

I, too, am glad you will keep this going - I don't think any of us are ready to let go of Tami. She was one hellvua gal - but you know that. Some people go a lifetime without finding their true love, their soulmate - you and Tami were lucky to have found each other, I am just sorry it ended too soon. I know how much she loved you - the hardest part of her dying was leaving you, her sisters, her kids, her grandkids, her friends ...but most of all, you.
Hang in there and cherish the memories - remember how she lived, not how she died ... these are things I have to do in my own life in regards to Ted.
Blessings
Nanc

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing Tami's journal. You will find strength each day. So glad you parents are here and I'm glad I could meet them. Hope you will walk outside and enjoy that warmer weather today.
Shelly