Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Pain pump and such

Tami is still in the hospital, she got hooked up to the drug she will use in her pain pump yesterday. So far it seems to be relieving her pain quite well, and the pain Doc is pretty decent to. Tomorrow she will have the permanent one installed, as well the Urologist will scope her bladder to see what is going on there. If there is something wrong there are some options he can do while he is in there, from removing something to repairing any bleeding.

Tami was sleeping when I got there last night, and for a good hour and a half while I was there. It was good to see her sleeping so soundly although with me not staying with her it makes it kinda rough not to get all the time I can with her. Debbie seems to be doing good with her. She has been eating well and when she is awake she is very, well.... Tami :) We are hopeful that she will be out of the hospital on Friday, least that is what the pain Doc said it would take at a minimum to dial the pain pump dosage in. I hope so, the house is very lonely, besides the 2 dogs and a cat of course.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear Tami is getting some much needed rest. Norm, I really appreciate your updates. You are both in my thoughts and prayers each and every day. Hang tough.

Hugs to Tami.

Jackie

Anonymous said...

I sure hope this pain pump can give Tami some relief. it sounds like it is working so far. thoughts and prayers flying your way. give Tami my love.... Barb

Anonymous said...

I'm very glad to hear that Tami is getting some good sleep and eating well. I hope they let her come back home to you soon.

Take care,
Kuri

Anonymous said...

Glad Tami is finally getting some rest - sending prayers for no complications in tomorrow's surgery.

Blessings
Nanc

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Tami is getting the much needed rest she has been longing for.Hope she gets to go home soon. I am sure she misses you as much as you miss her. Give her a Hug for me.
Love Deb

Anonymous said...

I hope Tami is still getting pain relief and sleep and everything is on track for a weekend at home.

Thanks again Norm for the updates.

You all continue to be in my thoughts and prayers....Love, Brenda

Brandie said...

Thanks again for the updates Norm. I can't imagine this is easy for any of you. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. Let Tami know that I think about her a lot. I hope that she can get some more rest with this pain pump..and make sure that you are trying to get some rest too.
I hope she can make it home soon...it is always a little more relaxing to be in your own home.
Much love to the both of you..

Brandie

Anonymous said...

My sister Brandi and I pray everyday for Tami and I appreciate your updates. Karri