Wednesday, January 7, 2009

HELP WANTED

Norm here. 

Yesterday, and I guess for a while now, I realized that Tami is scared. I don't blame her, who wouldn't be scared. If anyone has talked to her or looked at her blog entries you can see that yourself. Lately though people have been translating that into she needs Hospice or a Nursing Home (yes she has said this as well, but what she is really saying is she hates to be alone so much that she would rather have some stranger around just to break up the alone time). I am gonna go on out on a limb here and state that I totally disagree with this. I am here most of the time, I take the brunt of the good and the bad. What does Tami need? Friends and Family.

Now I am not posting this to single anyone out, or to try and get myself a break. When I am at work and Tami calls me terrified and I have to rush off home I wonder what more I can do. I certainly can't quit my job, but she needs more, she needs distraction.

What I have seen, and why I am asking for help is that many feel like the are doing more for Tami not bothering her, not calling, not coming over, letting her rest and relax. I ask anyone to reflect on that and ask yourself if you had 10 hours a day in your home with nothing much to do but think about your own fate how much you would enjoy that. So what am I asking? Monday thru Thursday I work from 5 a.m. to 3 p.m.. Come over have lunch with Tami, hang out with her for a couple hours, give her a break from solitary confinement. Don't ask, call her up and come over. If you ask her if she needs some company or some help she will tell you no (I probably would and probably do now when I need it). Obviously this is not realistic for everyone that reads this due to job and location restraints. All I am trying to put out there is this.... Everyone is staying away trying to give her space, she has all the space she can handle, she needs people who care about her to fill that space.

If your close by and would be interested in coming over and hanging out with Tami, email me: loewen@mchsi.com, if you already have her home number call her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, Tami ... watch out ... I am going be pecking at your door! I know where you live!

Blessings!
:)
Nanc

Kristi said...

Hey Sweets,

I know yesterday was rough, but I'm glad you got fixed up and that you are home now...I volunteer until 11ish, but give me a call anytime after that if you wanna hang out again!

Love you tough girl!
K