Tuesday, February 26, 2008

6 Months ago today

6 Months ago today I found out I had a mass in my colon and spots on my liver. It would be 12 more days until I was told it was cancer. I am so thankful for life. I have learned so much in the last 6 months. I never ever imagined 6 months ago how awful our health care system really is. Don't get me wrong, I am thankful for our healthcare but who could imagine that trained physicians could look at the same picture and come up with two different ideas of what is. I always thought there was a solution for everything. Who could possibly think they would tell me they couldn't just cut this cancer out and everything would just be normal again,. What is normal anyway? I had no idea that if you become disabled, there is a 6 month waiting period before you get any financial help. What do people do that are not married and have no family? Do they simply just fall between the cracks? I had no idea how strong my family is. I never imagined in all of my years that I would become the center of their attention. I have never ever wanted to be the center of attention. I would rather just mull thru and get past it by myself. I have learned that I need my family. I need their love, I even need their help. That is probably the toughest thing of all, learning to ask for help. I have learned I have amazing people praying for me and sending me positive vibes. I have learned as I said before that I am just a ant in this world, so small and yet I hope I have touched many. I know there is more than my earthly body waiting for me that I can not yet even imagine. I have learned to trust in God, as ultimately he knows my plan. I would love to be cancer free, but would never trade the love and knowledge I have received. I hope I have stopped someone else from getting cancer. I can go on all day about how I wish, I should have, but it's not going to change today, and today I am thankful to be able to type in my blog and to put my feelings out there. I still pray for miracle. I am a fighter and I will continue to fight. Deep inside I think, just give me a chance and I will show everyone what a fighter I am, but then I already know they already know that. I am thankful for today, because none of us are promised tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so insightful! We are praying for you, and will be praying for you tomorrow!!! Love ya!

Kristi and family

Anonymous said...

Thinking about you everyday Tami! Stay strong girl! Love my candles:) Your daughter did a great job at Jackies party. But we really missed you

Kathy C

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your blog. it really keeps me up on you and your feelings. I hope that if there is ever anything I can do for you and your family that you will let me know. I am so thankful that I have you as a friend. stay positive. Barb and Dale