Saturday, May 16, 2009

Staying busy, or trying to...


It's been a fine balance of trying to keep myself busy and not get myself over-whelmed with things to do. I am tired today, although its a good tired. I had Korban and Mckayla over night and then took them to Maydays here in Clinton. They are a breath of fresh air for me, they love me unconditionally and boy some days I just need that. Today I need that, I got it.

The group has been helping I think, although I feel myself being drawn towards wanting to help someone else when I am supposed to be looking out for myself, there goes my superman complex flaring up again. Not that I dont think that I shouldn't help other there, but I am not fixed yet, far from it, although I have days where I feel okay.

Tami's one big wish was to keep her family together, and it's a daunting one. I dont really know how hard I am supposed to work towards that. Some days I feel like I am investing too much, other days I feel like I am not working hard enough. I take things too personal at times, if someone lets me down or doesn't come thru or backs out on a commitment. Tami would always make sure I didn't beat myself up about things like that. It was always me and her and I could always count on her to be there, now without that support I find my self getting run over by these things when I really shouldnt let them bother me. I do take it personally when someone backs out on plans, I have so little in the way of plans these days, missing out on something hurts.

My emotions really run unchecked these days, I get mad at everyone all the time, they dont know it of course, and I am usually over it before they have any idea, and to be honest most of the time its nothing they really even did. I still have so much anger, guilt, sadness, you name it, I got it. Add in an unstable work place with the economy and you got a mixture for great fun.... not.

I just have to learn to be alone, and I can remember many discussions with Tami, and her saying I would be fine, but alone is not my strong point. It's something that was always a big fear of mine. I always told Tami I would go first because of it. So much for that.Training myself to function alone is tough, I do ok with some things, but mostly its just hard. Some days I would just rather be with Tami, I have so much to talk to her about, 11 weeks worth of life. I know, I said I would stop counting.... truth be told, I count every second.

The song of the week (and yes a country one to boot, not to worry though it was written by Nine Inch Nails so that makes it ok right?) This one is performed by Johnny Cash, I grew up on a lot of Mr Cash from my Dad, fitting this song is in my playlist currently.

Hurt by Johnny Cash

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Norm -

Your comments tell me that you are healing ... Tami is there guiding you of that I am sure.

Blessings,
Nanc

Anonymous said...

Norm: this is great that you are staying so busy. we are all so proud of you out here in blog land. it really makes me feel good to know that you are hanging with the family too. Tami is smiling because of this. you need to listen to the song. "there are holes in the floor of heaven." it is a country song sang by Steve Warner. Barb

Anonymous said...

Helping someone makes you feel needed -- I think that's what you are looking for, and that's why it feels so good to help. Helping others may be a way to help yourself. Feels better than paying bills, eh?

I too love that song, Hurt.

-- the lounge queen

Marie said...

Morning Norm! I am always a little slow with the comments but it's because I am getting older lol. I hope that's the reason and not old-timer's!!!!
Busy is good, but sometimes it's just us isn't it? Sometimes I just need to sit here and feel it. I have a really low tolerance for people around me yet. I want to go out, but yet when I get there in an hour I want to come home. To what? I have no idea.

Do what you can and screw the rest! You are entitled to anything you want to feel and do and that's my official opinion.

Hugs,
Marie