Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Yet another first is upon us, but it will be harder on the kids than me I am sure. Tami was a great mom, it's one of the reasons I loved her. She was a good parent, not perfect, but I doubt there is a perfect one, but they dont get any closer than Tami did. Any parenting I was able to do, or do now will be based of who my parents are and who Tami was.

I am sad for the kids, I invited them all over tomorrow for a cook out, purely open to them, if they wanted to, I would be here and would cook up some brat burgers and hot dogs. If they don't show up for any reason it wouldn't be a big deal. I just wanted to give them something to do if they needed it. On one of Tami's voice recordings she said I would have to be the mom and the dad. Nobody could replace her, not as a mom, or a wife, or a friend.

I bought some rose bushes, I know Tami always looked forward to getting a rose bush on Mother's Day. So I am going to plant some tomorrow. I hope all the mom's out there have a great day.

I have to stop counting, the weeks are in the double digits, it doesn't seem real.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

. Norm: no you will never stop counting the time that she has been gone. I sure hope that your support group is working for you. it sounds like you are keeping busy. I love roses too. but I have never had any luck growing them. maybe you could give me a few pointers. have a good cook out with the kids. Barb

Kristi said...

Hope ya'll had a great day! I really miss hanging w/ the fam!

Take care, ttys

Kristi

Anonymous said...

Norm -

The rosebush is a lovely tribute to Tami ... you did a good thing to invite the kids over today ...

Blessings
Nanc

Marie said...

Morning Norm,

It's Saturday and I just wanted to wish you a good day. I am heading to work, yes I work Saturdays. Ick!
I think a lot about what you are going through. I lost a friend last week and her husband is going through what you are right now. She was 56 and just died (heart). That is not to make you feel worse, just that I never realized there were so many tragedies in life till I got older. I guess someone is gone and some is usually left behind. In this case it is you and me.

I liked the idea of your movie night. I have not been to the movies by myself. I could I suppose, but never occurred to me. Yes the weekends are the worst, and that would help. Sometimes I go to church on Saturday night instead of Sunday morning tho.

Yes this is rambling - just my thoughts on a Saturday morning. I am wishing you a good one!!!

Hugs,
Marie