Monday, November 23, 2009

Citizen Norm

So today I went for my Interview for Citizenship in Chicago, and I am now unofficially an American Citizen, I still have to go for my ceremony in Springfield the next time the do one, but my application was approved today. It's a little bittersweet, like everything else, I know it was important to Tami that I get that done, and I did, but she wasn't here to see it. It's nice to have another thing off the worry list though, specially this time of year.

Next up? Thanksgiving dinner... ack! It hit me a couple days ago that I have to pull all this together with out her, I was always a gopher and she was the planner, now I have to do both, means cooking stuff I don't even eat, and I have to sit down with Tami's instructional video we made last year on how to make her stuffing. I am sure everything will be fine, as fine as it can be, but its just another one of those firsts to bust through.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations on becoming an American citizen. I hear that those ceramonies are awsome. yes the holidays are kinda ruff. but somehow we make it through them. have a great day. Barb

Anonymous said...

Norm I hope that your holiday was a good one with your family. I know that these first couple of years without Tami will be hard, but I also know that you can do this. Barb

Nanc said...

Congrats on being US ... dual citizenship, see you can do 2 things at once!

I think I would have paid to see you watch the video and make the dressing!

Now comes Christmas and your birthday ... or your birthday and Christmas - Tami will be watching over you - take a deep breath remembering her - hang in there.

:)
Nanc