Saturday, April 25, 2009

8 weeks

The longest I have ever been away from Tami I think at most was 2 weeks when I went home for a visit. Of course when we first met it was a long distance thing, but we talked almost everyday. Now I go hours on end with out talking to anyone. It just seems to be getting harder as I go along. I have come to the conclusion that I am actually not losing my mind that everyone around is, so that is some comfort.

8 weeks, I rather count down the time till I will see her again rather than count up the time I haven't.

4 comments:

Marie said...

I hear you Norm! One time I was really sick and called in to the pharmacy for meds. I hadn't talked to anyone for a bit and when I got them on the phone I realized I had lost my voice. Didn't even know it beforehand. It's quiet - yes it is. I feel so badly that you have to go through this. It's kind of a solo journey because really it doesn't help much to have people around. Some but not much. If only I could take your pain away I sure would. Because I've been there, done that. And pardon me - but it sucks big time.

Does your yard need raking today? Something? Do your best and tomorrow will be a wee bit better.

Hugs,
Marie

Anonymous said...

Norm - Hang in there is all I can say ... you might need to take time to up to Canada for a visit - it might help to get away for a bit.

Time for a Lab puppy? You can get a saddle for the doxies when it grows up! LOL

Don't give up - that is what Tami didn't want you to do.

Blessings.
Nanc

Anonymous said...

Norm: This gets harder before it gets easier. You were her caregiver and confidant. She so depended on you for your unending support. Have you considered a support group for people your age? This is a very difficult thing to go through. In time it will get better. You will always love and miss her. It's always harder for the caregivers. You had no respite care. You were it. God will take care of you. Believe this. Love from Patti in Arkansas. (Sherry's friend)

Anonymous said...

Support group sounds like a good idea to me...
-- the lounge queen