Sunday, July 5, 2009

Made it through another big day...

Had a pretty good 4th this year, Debbie invited me up to Peoria to watch the fireworks from Spindler Marina. It was a good time, she has some colorful friends but it made it that much more fun. Of course I think I will be allowed to come back as I am good at moving dead weight late at night, right Deb?

Of course it wasn't the same as it was last year, or any years in the past, but then it probably will never be the same and the sooner I embrace that the better I will be I suppose. Some days I would just like to know what she would think, about how I am doin.

Of course, if I need to know how I am doin I have the next best thing, Sarah, my daughter. I went to Mankato a few weeks back and I had gone out with the people I went with and had a few beers. They were giving away glasses with the beers, so I went for a set of 6. I showed these glasses to Sarah the last time she was over and in what I can only describe as a Tami type tone she asked "Who did you go do that with?". You gotta love her, and its nice to have someone who cares about how I am doing, what I am doing and so on. Even today, I was a little sore from hockey on Friday, and I was moaning occasinally and such and she asked, yet again with a touch of Tami in her voice "Drink too much last night? Not that it's any of my business." Of course I hadn't but also told her of course it was her business, it makes me smile pretty big when she says stuff like that, I was so lucky to share Tami's life for 14 so years, let alone everything else I have taken from this journey.

So if anyone is worried about me, dont, Sarah is checking up on me. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you had a nice weekend. I'm glad you did. family means a lot, especially at times like this. you tell Sarah she sounds like she is doing a good job keeping track of you. daughters are great aren't they? have a good week. always look foward to your blog.

Anonymous said...

I guess nagging gets appreciated much more when it's missing -- ought to remind my husband of that. ;)

Glad you had some good times though! (6 beers, huh?)

-- the lounge queen

Norm said...

Yes, if you need me to, I can back up that nagging is sorely missed when it's gone.

And yes, six beers, but they were American beers so the exchange rate for Canadian beers is like 3.235 I think.

And to the first post, you anonymous people are killing me! :) Love to see who is posting.

Anonymous said...

sounds like Sarah is doing a good job, 6 beers hum I would of had a hang over on 1 beer, Glad you had a good time.


Debora " Florida "

Anonymous said...

sorry that first post is mine. Barb

Anonymous said...

Anytime spent with Deb and group is a good time and I know you were in good hands. I am surprised at only 6 beers LOL - now I am thirsty for my favorite Canadian beer ... Granville Island lager ... YUM!!

Good to know Sarah is keeping an eye on you! Nice to know she cares ... right?!?

Blessings -

Nanc