Sunday, June 14, 2009

Home Sweet Home

So I was up in Mankato, Minn for 3 days last week. Some training for work, really enjoyed the training and the new tools they showed us. It was nice to get away for a bit, it felt like I was just away from home and when I got back Tami would be waiting there, or I could call her and talk to her after training. Of course that wasn't possible, and even driving home I started to dread walking into the empty house... I mean besides the 2 dogs and a cat, but you know what I mean. Didn't help it was the same route home you take coming back from the Mayo Clinic, but dont get me started on that again.

Of course I didn't even think of the other downside to this little trip, I asked Sarah to come over and check on the dogs for me thru the week, which of course met she had to come over to the house with no one here. I think it was pretty tough on her, no I know it was, I mean I have had almost 4 months to get used to coming home to no Tami (not that I am used to it yet) and this house I think as been a little avoided by everyone which is a little sad to me, but I can understand, I mean if I had somewhere to go I know there would have been a couple days I wouldn't have come home just because everything in this house is Tami. I know, I know I can change stuff..... but not yet.

Anyways, I have a short week this week, I have to drive to Indy to get fingerprinted by the FBI! No worries people, its the next step in my bid for citizenship. I took Wednesday and Thursday off so I will see if I can motivate myself to do something around this house.

To go with the title of this entry here is the song of the week..... another Tami favorite....
Motley Crue - Home Sweet Home

3 comments:

Marie said...

Morning Norm!
I used to live down by Mankato MN. Now I live a little further up north. I still have an auntie that lives there, and a cousin's family. Did you know it is also training camp for the MN Vikings?
It was kinda fun to read that you were up in my neck of the woods.
Have a great week!

Hugs,
Marie

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that you were working on your citizenship. that is great. then you can party when you get it. have a great day.

Anonymous said...

hope you have a good Father's day Norm