Sunday, August 16, 2009

Busy Weekend

SO we managed to celebrate 3 birthdays this weekend, it was Kj's, Mckayla's and Skylar's. I had a cookout at the house and everybody managed to show up and it was a good time, least I had a good time, I am still having a lot of trouble though, when I get by myself, it just seems to eat me up. If I can keep busy I do ok, but even then its not a fail safe, the gym is even starting to wear off as a good distractions, I aint stopping though I feel good physically going, but I need to work on my iPod and make a good workout mix, I will be doing good and James Blunt will come on and punch me in the stomach.

So the depression is been tough, I still not sure why though, I mean maybe it's the 6 months thing, I dont know, maybe it just feels like everyone is moving forward, and I dont know how to. I mean so many things have changed around me in 6 months, maybe some have just gone back to normal and I still dont know what normal is. I miss having everyone around, and I used to have alot more visits when Tami was still here, now its just me somedays and it gets lonely.

These birthdays just mark the beginning of a tough up and coming 6 months, more birthdays, Tami's birthday, my birthday, anniversary, etc...

Only 6 more months of updates here too, It's going to feel weird when I dont update here anymore, Tami's wishes were for me to continue this blog for a year. Which reminds me, 10 days and it will have been 2 years since Tami was diagnosed. She fought so much harder than she was allowed to live for, I cant even put into words for those of you who haven't been around 24/7 someone battling something so harsh. I am still very proud of her, and hope that she was truely proud of me.

I miss her a lot.

Nickelback - Never Gonna Be Alone

I remember the night, the moment, the very second, the look and the tears when I shared this song with Tami.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Norm tami was very proud of you. She told me often what all you did for her and i Know waht all you did for her. I truly believe she is very proud of you. I miss her alot. I know goin on without someone is difficult. My dad died and i thought i would to. My sister died and I got so mad at the world and pissed cause she wasnt gonna be here with her grandkids, but you go on. my sister got 2 new grandbabies this past year and I get emotional because she would be so proud. But then i believe she is their gurdian angel, and it makes me smile. Plus i get a chance to hold them and love on themwhich would have been a difficult task cause she was a true baby hog!! I hope all your kids and grandbabies are all fine. I miss hearring about them cause tami would always tell what was up with them. I see eric once in awhile doing the maechanic thing but havent seen the rest of your family. I am in clinton almost every friday meeting a meat truck for the store and of course you and tami are always heavy on my mind. Tami inspired me in many ways and made me laugh alot. I am glad that i was able to be with her and share many things with tami from bullcrap to sily stuff but mostly in our faith. She shared her beliefs with me as i did mine with her and i truley know in my heart she is in heaven and ill see her again someday. I have tried calling you a couple of times and i guess i understand that it is a huge link of thinking of tami if you talk to me and i understand. i cant believe t has been 6 months and i truley dread when the blog stops i am not sure why but i will. I pray for you and the kids and know this has been very hard for you, but norm you are also an inspiration and a very good dad and grandpa. thank you for shring you journey with all of us and know we are all here. talk to ya soon.
liz

Anonymous said...

Tami was very proud of you, Norm. Sometimes when I talked to her, it seemed she was more worried about you when she was gone, than the fact she was dying. She wanted to live - to continue her life with you and be there for her kids and those beloved grandkids.

Tami will always be with you in your heart and I hope someday you will find someone to care about - Tami did not want you to be alone. She wanted it to be her of course .... cancer just sucks.

Hang in there -
Nanc